A Dallas-based blog featuring Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Motherhood by…
What a magical day we had celebrating the arrival of baby girl Jackson! Every detail was so well thought out and I could not have been happier. Today on the blog I’m going to answer all of the FAQs and share the amazing vendors we worked with to bring my VC Polo Classic themed shower to life.
But first, here are all the details on what I wore to the event. Believe it or not, my headband was a $2 Walmart find the night before the party. You can shop my look below:
What I Wore
Oh Baby! Let’s Party!
And now for all the party details. I will go through the planning process, who we worked with and how we pulled this event off in the middle of a pandemic.
Planning The Baby Soireé
We worked with Lushra in Dallas to help put together our party. They are branding rockstars and nail every party detail SO well. After stalking a few of their events on Instagram, I knew I wanted to use them to help pull everything together. I had a dedicated event contact, Sheila, who was such a gem and helped so much. I was able to go to their venue twice before the event to discuss plans and finalize details in terms of set-up, vendor communication and color palette. The rest of the time we communicated via email. It was nice to feel like everything was under control.
Working With Vendors
We also worked with so many incredible vendors. I had no idea what to expect at the beginning of this process, I just knew that I wanted a fabulous and memorable event for my friends and family. With the pandemic being very real, one thing I loved was being able to have virtual planning sessions and mood board planning with a few of the vendors we worked with. Something Pretty Floral, a Dallas-based florist that we love, had the awesome idea to drop off ideas and inspiration for us to review. It really helped to have something visual to work off of to ease the planning process. All I had to do was share my vision and Taylor, the amazing owner, blew us away. Here’s a list of who we worked with and what for:
- Lushra – Balloons, Backyard Venue, Swing, Boxwood Wall, Pink Couch Seating
- Something Pretty Floral – All of the gorgeous flowers
- Render Events (Formerly Beautiful Event Rentals) – Lounge Seating, Acrylic Display Tables, Wood Table + 8 Ghost Chairs
- Bubble Tap – Champagne Truck, Outdoor Umbrella
- Not Your Average Picnic – Picnic Tables for Lounge Area
- Social Llama Events – Baby Blocks at Entry, Champagne Boxwood Wall
- Alpha Lit Dallas – Oh Baby Marquee Letters
Let me tell you, this is the DREAM TEAM! Everything pulled together so incredibly well. I am already trying to figure out my next event … the baby’s first birthday seems too far away! Ha!
- How many people did you invite? The guest list was small. We only included our closest local friends. There were about 15 people total, 6 of which were family that we see often already!
- How did you manage Covid precautions? We let everyone know on the invite that we wanted to have FUN but also that we wanted to be SAFE. Temps were taken at the door, masks were provided, we were outdoors and had several spaced out seating areas to allow for social distancing. Most of the people at the event are people that we already hang out with on a regular basis, but we still took precautions.
- Was the event sponsored? While we did work with a few vendors on some of the rentals, the event was not sponsored. We wanted to throw a great party for our friends and family and we did just that!
- How long did it take to plan? We started planning early September and the event was the first weekend in October. We lucked out on venue availability because it was new and luckily all the vendors we wanted to work with were also available.
- How did you come up with the theme? I’d say we had a very loose theme. I love the vibe of the VC Polo Classic and wanted to throw a party that mimics that whimsical, fun this event brings every year, but also add a few of our own touches as well. I wanted bright colors, over the top decor, lots of bubbly and a very fun vibe.
- Did you plan the event or did someone plan it for you? Funny, I actually planned most of the venue details and didn’t share anything with my sister’s who were planning everything else (food, games, favors, etc.) I really wanted to create an experience for everyone. We’ve been cooped up for months dealing with Covid! It was time to bust out of the house and party!
The event was so special to me and will be a great memory to look back on for years to come. I’m so glad I didn’t let my worries about Covid stop me from doing a party safely, my way.
I ordered some really fun cups, koozies and personalized water bottles that you probably noticed in the pictures as well. Here are all of the details for that as well:
Thank you so much for reading today’s post! I hope it answered all of your questions and inspired some details for your next party. There are links throughout this post where you can check out the vendors we worked with, plus shop some of the party details. For all other baby updates, check out my baby page!
XO – Steph
A Dallas-based blog featuring Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Motherhood by Steph Taylor Jackson.