A Dallas-based blog featuring Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Motherhood by…
Today is my 28th birthday! And while some are dreading getting older, I must say, I am SO thankful and READY for what God has in store for my life and my family! Bring on this GIFT of a new year!
I spent some time thinking about my journey thus far and decided to put together my Top 5 takeaways from life thus far. So here it is!
1. Family is everything, cherish every moment, live IN the moment.
2. Don’t worry, trust that God’s got it under control.
3. Take risks – my greatest growth and blessings have come from outside the walls of my comfort zone.
4. Laugh a lot, choose JOY, have fun – you are as happy as you want to be.
5. This is your life! Who cares what anyone else thinks! Don’t waste time, go live it. Do you! Do what you LOVE!
I think it’s so important to live your life. Do YOU, boo! And as cliche as that sounds, honestly, it’s the truth! I think that there are so many instances in life where we get so caught up in what other people are doing, that we allow it to affect the journey that God has put us on. We are all on a different path, and one thing that I have learned is that comparison is the thief of joy. The devil is BUSY ya’ll and wants us to believe that we aren’t good enough, but even in my weakest moment, I try my best to choose Jesus and trust that He’s got me. In my 28 years of life, I have seen great disappointment, pain and sadness, but I will continue to press forward and trust God’s plan.
I am so excited to see what is in store for my life and what the Lord has in store for me and my family. We have come a LONG way and I feel so blessed, but I know that He’s not through with me yet.
What are your takeaways from life thus far? I’d love to hear from you! Let’s connect!
A Dallas-based blog featuring Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Motherhood by Steph Taylor Jackson.