Here’s the legal stuff our lawyers make us share. Once you’re done here, head back to the blog for more fun!
Last modified: June 26, 2020
Stephtaylorjackson.com (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.stephtaylorjackson.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
– On this Website.
– In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
– When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
– us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party; or
– any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
– by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”); and/or
– that is about you but individually does not identify you.
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us.
– Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of subscribing to our website or newsletter. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
– Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted“) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions“). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
– To present our Website and its contents to you.
– To provide you with information that you request from us.
– To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
– To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
– In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
– For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information, below.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
– We may disclose aggregated information about our users without restriction.
– To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
– To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
– For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
– With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
– To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
– If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Stephtaylorjackson.com, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
Promotional Information. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by the Company to receive promotional information you can opt-out at any time by sending us an email stating your request to [firstname.lastname@example.org]. Additionally, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may change or update your personal information by sending us an email at [email@example.com] to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users.
How Long We Will Use Your Information
We will only retain your personal information for as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, regulatory, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we received your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal, regulatory, or other requirements.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.